College Techno Forum
WELCOME TO TROPANG JRU FORUM SITE! PLEASE LOGIN OR REGISTER NOW! THANK YOU!
College Techno Forum
WELCOME TO TROPANG JRU FORUM SITE! PLEASE LOGIN OR REGISTER NOW! THANK YOU!
College Techno Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Forum Site of the tropang jru

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DeepFreeze.Standard.v6.62.020.3058

Go down 
AuthorMessage
wreck|3:)hydez
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
wreck|3:)hydez

Forum Points : 5092

DeepFreeze.Standard.v6.62.020.3058 Empty
PostSubject: DeepFreeze.Standard.v6.62.020.3058   DeepFreeze.Standard.v6.62.020.3058 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:56 pm

DEEP FREEEZE STANDARD

When Bad Things Happen, Simply Reboot!

Faronics' Deep Freeze is an application that, as the name implies, "freezes" your system so that any changes that are made are never permanent. If the system becomes unstable for any reason, say a virus or perhaps a driver misconfiguration, simply reboot! Within seconds, Deep Freeze will restore the system to the state it was in when last frozen. Just like magic, everything that had been done since then becomes undone and you are back up and running in no time.

Once installed, Deep Freeze has two states, "thawed" and "frozen." As you might have guessed, when thawed you configure your system precisely the way you want it to be restored. When frozen, the system will then be restored to that state on the next reboot. You can freeze and thaw as needed to update the system with any changes you'd like to keep.

Less is More

Because it's such a simple application, Deep Freeze is highly useful for computers that act as kiosks, workstations, or simple terminals, but is probably not ideal for your home PC. For example, if you use Outlook (or any other POP3 mail client) and your e-mail messages are downloaded and stored on your computer, those messages could all be lost upon reboot. Web based e-mail would be immune to this, however.

For those of you that need a similar program for your home PC, Microsoft offers another solution called Steady State. While a bit confusing to setup, Steady State will allow for certain user settings, drives, or files to be retained while the remainder of the system is recovered just as configured. Deep Freeze will only recover the system as a whole unless you make key changes to applications and the Windows registry beforehand (such as storing system folder locations or application data on a separate drive or partition - a daunting task for many home users). This is a fundamental difference between Deep Freeze and Steady State, but it's important to remember that they are each tailored to their own audiences. What makes Deep Freeze really shine for small business is that it's simple to use and available for more than just Windows. Mac and Linux users can enjoy the benefits Deep Freeze has to offer, as well.

Enter the Wrecking Ball

For my test run with Deep Freeze, I cloned my Windows XP drive and pulled the original for safe keeping (one can never be too careful, right?). Then, with Deep Freeze installed and all my settings and applications just the way I like them, I placed my system in a frozen state and unleashed the wrecking ball.

DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://www.4shared.com/file/E2i9EErG/DeepFreezeStandardv6620203058.html
Back to top Go down

DeepFreeze.Standard.v6.62.020.3058
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
College Techno Forum :: Technology Section :: Computers and Softwares-
Jump to: